Thursday, August 19, 2004

Getting to the heart of the matter...

Well...It's me again. Things got a little rough for me last night...Our lesson in church was about the struggles we face, the struggles Jesus faced, how he dealt with them, and how we can deal with things in the same way.
Jesus overcame his struggles because:
1. He had God on His side.
2. He knew who His friends were.
3. He prayed.

When I was thinking about all the things that I had been struggling with over the past 3 or 4 months...I realized that I have been trying so hard to overcome these things, let go of them and give them to God...and I realized that I have grown in my faith...but I have been missing one MAJOR thing. I have not been talking to God about it all. Now I have prayed about this stuff...but regretfully...I haven't been praying enough...it's like I think about praying about it...and I say, "Well, all we can do is pray." But seriously...I have not been doing that enough. Here's the really sad thing....I've written more in here-in this very blog- then I have prayed to God. That changes right now. I can not survive spiritually if I don't communicate, make contact, with my one source of true life.

I am not going to be able to solve any problems by myself...I don't need to even try to...and you know what...I am handing it all over to God. And I know that I will still struggle with these things, because I am human, but I now understand fully that I have been turning in circles trying to find the answers...and now...I'm just going to take hold of my Daddy's hand and let God guide me...cause He knows what's going on...and...well...I don't have a clue...so from now on..I'm leaving it all up to Him.

(by the way...some good encouragement would make me feel sooo good, cause there is only so much that you can do to encourage yourself....and prayers...that would be great! thanks!)

0 comments: