Saturday, June 26, 2004

On those Rainy Nights....

Yep, it seems to me that I think the best at night, and something about the rain puts me in such a serene mood, that my thoughts are able to flow more clearly than at other times when I just can't put my finger on the words I want to say.
When I got home at the beginning of the summer, I made a list. It's tucked away, at the head of my bed, between my photo albums...and I won't go into detail of exactly what this list contains...but it was basically things I saw in myself, that I didn't like. Things that I wanted to change so that I could truly be the best Christian example and simply the best person that I can be. And some of these things I have begun to accomplish. I have begun the process of becoming a self-suffient individual. Far from the point of true independence still---I admitt, I still need my parents...quite a bit actually...but I am on the right path. Working two jobs instead of my usual carefree summers has helped that process, along with the fact that I now have car payments that I am responsible for. There are several other things that I feel like I have improved on...BUT there is so much that I am so far from even making a dent of progress in...and those are the things that I want to work on most.
You know, it's really easy to make that list of things to do and things to improve on, but it is SO much harder to actually do them. I, personally, have allowed many frustrating circumstances to hinder me. And believe me, they are very frustrating...And I mean- they hinder me. But the thing is, they don't have to. I need to focus more on my Lord, and in doing that, I will be headed straight in the direction of my goals. Then those minor dilemmas will hardly be an issue, and I will know that I am making progress...

0 comments: