Saturday, June 26, 2004

I am my Mother's daughter... : )

When thinking back on my childhood, one thing that I remember is my mom and her crafts. She was always working on something...whether it be a new dress or an iron-on/puffy paint sweatshirt for me...or a new doll or trinket of some sort. My mom always had her craft supplies spread out across the dining room table...she even took us to some fun craft classes. We made pillows and T-shirts...ahhh, those were the days.
And now, as a sophmore in college, I find myself on this Saturday night, sitting at a card table in the middle of my sister's bedroom, with my tool box, that I made at camp this year, filled with colorful paints and crisp new paint brushes....."crafting." And I am lovin it! It for sure beats watching all the *nothing* that is on TV.
And one day...it might be me in the dinning room, making a new dress or an iron-on/puffy paint sweatshirt...or a new doll or trinket of some sort...and I think I like that too... :)

**Um..I also decided that I want to write children's books, this entry reminded me of one**

0 comments: