Thursday, February 19, 2009

to inspire...


... means "to fill with an animating, a quickening, or exalting influence".

Yesterday I spent a little time (and by little, I mean merely an hour... ha) exploring various blogs. The list of those that I follow grew in leaps and bounds. I have accepted the fact that I AM that blogging girl now. But you know what-- there are a lot of us out there, and based on what I see on their blogs (since remember, I don't actually know a lot of them), they are pretty awesome people, so I am not going to feel creepy for this. 

As I wandered through the posts and pages, I came across this blog. Again, I don't know this woman, but her short post titled "Who Inspires You?" really, well, inspired me. Even the simple definition of "inspire" sparks something within me. (Again with the epiphanies, Jenna...) GOD moves and inspires me in so many ways through so many people. In the ways these people & I interact, in conversations, in things they write... HE leaves impressions upon me with these individuals. HE not only works through various persons, but also in so many of the smallest events or things around me. As I thought about all the simple things that absolutely delight me in a day, I recognized how GOD is in pursuit of me. 

I've thought about the different ways GOD seems to flirt with me at times. (I really enjoy seeing it as HIM flirting with me, fighting for my attention..) But for some reason, it resonated differently yesterday. I was filled with an animated, a quickened awareness of HIS presence and pursuit. 

Praise the God who can constantly delight us with the traces of Himself that He leaves scattered throughout our lives!

3 comments:

Jan Owen said...

I love this post - "God constantly delights us with the traces of Himself".....

Thanks for the link! I look forward to reading you more.

kwərk said...

Yay. :)

Annie said...

Beautiful post! I love our God who inspires and delights! :)