Wednesday, February 18, 2009

stir it up...

Lately, I’ve had a lot on my mind. I’ve been feeling really restless; I’m itching for springtime, a road trip, even to run (!!). The weather’s inconsistencies don’t help, teasing us with spring, then freezing us! It is like my entire being is aching to break free.


It’s like I’ve been still for too long; I’ve been sleeping or something, and I am ready to be awakened! Do you ever feel like this?


I used to go to camp every summer. It was absolutely my favorite thing in the world, and having to sit through church the Sunday morning before we would take the drive through the woods and then get me settled in my cabin was torture! I would try my best to pay attention and be still, but I felt like my head would explode if I didn’t move around and release the building pressure from within! I was just THAT excited. The anticipation for what was to come was just too much to bear for this 8 year old! (Confession: I was still feeling this way at 18.) 


As I sit here and compare these restless feelings I am currently experiencing and that antsy feeling from the old days before camp, I have a bit of an epiphany. And yes, I realize I have those often. 


Maybe this stirring within me points to what is to come...


 Sure, we keep hearing about how times are hard, but maybe God is getting ready to move in some incredible ways through these hard times in our country. Maybe He is preparing me for something that is to come in my personal life. Maybe it is something that is to come in this youth group that I am pouring my life into. There are some awesome things coming up for MYM: Winterfest, Spring Break Mystery Trip, Girls Retreat, and the summer with its new interns, and trips -- I mean, I am so pumped about the City of Children. 


God is moving. He is stirring. 


And I am craving Him with passion, ready to see His mighty works.


6 comments:

katie said...

you are so insightful... i wish i were...

healthy ashley said...

Hello! I just found you!

I definitely know what you're talking about! Sometimes I want to (literally) run so far.

Sunny said...

Jenna, you make me so happy!

I love reading your thoughts about where God has you. Your passion and your zeal for your life filled with God is so awesome.

Anonymous said...

I agree w/ "Sunny". You really are inspiring in that way - if it wasn't for you, I probably wouldn't be reconnected w/ God. I know I'm a challenge, but THANK YOU! =)

Unknown said...

hey jenna,,,thank for the sweeeeet comment you put on my blog...love t read ur blog...

jenna said...

Thanks so much for all of your comments! It is fun to know that God can sometimes use this little blog to further expose His Glory.