Tuesday, May 04, 2010

exciting things from cali; part iv...

And the fourth (& best) thing I loved about Cali was:

the conference itself... 
catalyst west
was such an incredible event, and personally,
I left feeling challenged, inspired, convicted, & filled.


(Matt, me, Ashley, & Cody between sessions on the sunny day!)

The speakers at this conference were incredible: Andy Stanley, Louie Giglio, Mark Drissold, John Ortbery, Dallas Willard, Reggie Joiner, Donald Miller & Erwin McManus to name a few.
Chris Tomlin even led worship on the first night. 



(Ashley & me when it "snowed" inside the conference center)

I think one of my favorite moments at the conference was when I stayed behind at lunch the 2nd day to spend time at the chapel (the beautiful building behind us in the first picture) where Prayer Stations were set up. It was in that space of quiet time that I was really able to process all that I had been hearing. 
It can be a little emotional, coming to certain realizations; I really needed that time. 
And God was good to me... we had a very nice conversation.


(on stage: Tripp and Tyler.  Two of the funniest people ever.)

I am sure you can tell that I really enjoyed my time in California. 
(I mean... I have posted about it 4 times now...)
I hope that I will take these things that I have learned and be changed by them.

Curious as to what I learned?

Don't let everyday realities & disappointments smother your dreams.
Hold onto your dreams.
Want God to do big things.
Believe He can.
Believe He will.
And take steps in faith towards those things.
Don't always let the urgent trump the important.
Do not fear.
Be confident in who He created you to be.
And live that abundant life of faith, hope, love & joy that He desires for you.


(The last night: fish tacos. Such excitement.)

I am so thankful that I had the opportunity to go to this conference! 
And definitely looking forward to going again sometime!!

0 comments: