Tuesday, October 06, 2009

I still have a lot of growing up to do...

“When you make a choice, you accept the limitations of that choice. To accept limitation requires maturity. The child has not yet learned that it can’t have everything. What it sees it wants. What it does not get it screams for. It has to grow up to realize that saying Yes to happiness often means saying No to yourself.”
-Elisabeth Elliot

My blogger friend, Jessica, just posted something that was very eye-opening to me. Check it out. After reading it, I think I've realized that I still have a lot of growing up to do...

by the way, isn't this picture magical?
I wish that picture was me right now!
I found this photo here.
She found it there.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I can talk all day about the fear of committment. God calls us to submit to him and not be uncommitted. One way to say it is All to Jesus I Surrender.

brooke said...

Jenna, you're so precious!!

I still have a lot of growing up to do too!! I get too caught up in my little egocentric world.

Love that picture!

Anonymous said...

this is a picture of jenna...entirely. loves the fall, beautiful girl, reading something, spending time at a convent by herself....

I LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU SO MUCH!!!

Jessica said...

I LOVE that picture!!!! My goal for the weekend is to be the girl in the picture...beautiful setting, cute clothes (not grungy, stretchy pants), ponytail, reading, being inspired. It's gonna take me more than a weekend to get those legs though. But a girl's gotta start somewhere! And it is magical!

Jessica said...

oh...and those bangs...GOT EM!!! i'll post pics soon!