Wednesday, June 17, 2009

a kaffeeklatsch* & a message from above...

(google image search led me here...)

So yesterday afternoon I found myself at the local Starbucks with Laura. (I was her intern back in '05, and now she is getting ready to get married! She & God have a really beautiful & powerful story...) We try to get together to catch up when she is in town. It had been a while since we had talked, and a lot has been happening (I mean, she is getting married!), so we were there for almost an hour. She told me about the events leading up to her engagement, how God had been and is at work in her life and relationship, and just life in general. I told her about MYM's summer thus far, how God has been working in my life, and how I wish He would work (ha)

Another girl had been sitting behind us the whole time. I noticed her when I sat down, but I didn't really pay attention to what she was doing... I think she was reading. She was there by herself. She was right behind me, and honestly I had forgotten she was even there until she stood up, approached us, and placed an envelope on the table between us.

"This is for you girls."

That's all she said. Then she turned around and walked away.

Laura & I were kinda caught off guard by the whole thing. It was just so random! Of course I then took the envelope, opened it, and this is what I found:

I pray that God blesses you and your future. May you always hold strong to the Lord and His awesome word. May you never grow cold or turn away the lost. Never forget your worst day with Jesus is better than your best day without Him.
- a strong sister in the Lord

I have never had anything like that happen to me, and her words were just so perfectly placed in our conversation... 
 It was like God had a message for us, and He chose this particular instrument of His to deliver these encouraging words. I want to live with my eyes, ears, and heart open so that I can be such an instrument of the Lord's in the life of others around me...

*kaffeeklatsch: (n.) casual conversation over coffee

5 comments:

Annie said...

What a neat story~ I'm so glad you shared it! Maybe I should be more willing to give "love notes" to strangers, you know?

And how crazy is it that Cup of Jo is having a kelly + olive giveaway today! What if one of us wins??

I love the blog world.

jenna said...

I know!!!!!!!!!!!! I would LOVE to win that thing! Maybe they can help me get my office decorated! (It's about time, you know!)

And I think I've decided to carry stationary in my purse with me... just in case. :)

A. said...

That's awesome, and inspirational. We could all make a difference in so many more lives if we were willing to do random things like that lady did.

Unknown said...

That's an awesome story.

Anonymous said...

Jenna, the Lord moves through you. Remember that.