Wednesday, December 31, 2008

as I spend time reflecting with HIM...

... I came across this poem of sorts that I wrote in February. As I sit in my tent (explanation later) and reflect on this past year with my Abba God, I see so much that He has done. I see so many answered prayers. I see myself still praying some of the same prayers... I love taking time to look back with Him. 

Now, I don't claim to be really good at poetry by any means, but I like what my heart is imagining and longing for here. Maybe someone else has thought about this before - or maybe someone will be delighted to think about it now. So I will share.

(There are actually two poems. I am going to post the second one on my & Annie's blog.) 

Won't you dine with me today?
Will you sit in the chair beside me; 
Share Your presence with me. 
Please stay.

Let me listen to Your song
As we watch the red birds dance.
Sing your sweet, soft melody.
Maybe I could join You?
Me and my timid harmony?

You stop and laugh and say,
"Daughter, I know you can sing lauder than that."
And as my spirit soars with love,
I see Your radiant eyes laughing and dancing,
Inviting me deeper into You.

We would sing loudly,
Voices rising high into the sky.
A glorious chorus,
Just the two of us.

Oh, if that were the case...
Can You really invite me in one day?
To sing with You?

4 comments:

katie said...

ahhh, such beautiful poetry!

Annie said...

I may love this one even more than the other! You took the words right out of my mouth...

Jessica said...

Hey Jenna, I delurked on Annie's blog and wanted to do the same on yours. My friend, Amelia Cortez, gave me links to y'alls blogs. I hope you don't mind me dropping in. I've been reading them for a few weeks and loving it! Amelia said you were a super cool person and that I would love your blog. She was right!

jenna said...

Hey Jessica!! I responded to your comment on Annie's blog before I noticed that you had made a comment on mine! I love that you've been reading our blogs! Now that things have settled down a little here, I hope to start writing more frequently again!